KV-08 | Keepa Vent 8″ Diameter
- Image Gallery
- Florida Approval
- Shipping Dimensions
- Drawings & Specs
- Installation Guide
- UL Certificate
- Pallet Quantity
- Texas Approval
- Reviews (0)
Shipping Dimensions for KV-08
|Actual Package Weight||5 lbs|
|Dimensions||13 × 13 × 17 in|
|UPS Dimensional (Billable) Weight||21 lbs|
Active Ventilation Products
Click here for -> Shipping / Delivery - Policies and Procedures
Basic dimensions of the Keepa Vent and it’s identifying attributes. Primary identifying dimensions of vents and fans are the inside diameter of the Head, which equals the diameter of the hole being vented, and the height of the Collar which is the solid tube between the Head of the vent and the Flange which attaches to the roof.
Louvers are the vertical openings in the vent, which facilitates the flow of air, while keeping animals, insects, debris, and embers out.
Expected snow and rain in your region and the pitch of the roof are the key consideration when choosing the height of the collar of your roof vents. Zones 1 and 2 are not expected to sustain significant snow packs, while zones 3-7 are likely to experience snow, possibly for weeks or months. Vent collars under 4 inches are inappropriate for flat (0/12 pitch) roofs because even heavy rain can splash water into a shorter vent.
Active Ventilation Products Keepa vent will alleviate moisture in the winter and heat in the summer to extend the life of the roof and building structure. The Keepa vent is best used for flat roof attic spaces as an exhaust roof vent or fresh air supply intake roof vent. Made of corrosion resistant aluminum, the Keepa vent has a round concentric vent cap and standard 11 in. collar height, square flange and an inner louver wildlife guard. The vent cap is a manufactured one piece spun round aluminum cap that prevents rain and snow from entering the vent. The vent cap is removable to allow access for an easy rubber boot installation for membrane roofs. The 11 in. standard collar is excellent for locations that accumulate high levels of snow falls and the round design is aerodynamic to with stand wind speeds up to 200 mph. The Keepa vent has proven to be an excellent and economical choice for a flat roof application.
- Best used for flat roof attic ventilation
- Model KV-8 has aluminum 13 in. x 13 in. flat square flange
- 2.5 in. flashing
- Net free air space: 50 sq. in. (0.35 sq. ft.)
- Pitch capacity range: 0/12 to 12/12
- Ventilation rule 1:300: One vent per 200 sq. ft.
- Built-in inner vertical louver cylinder that keeps out insects, birds, and animals while allowing air to move through the vent without resistance
- Built-in inner vertical louver cylinder has a 1/8th in. opening between the louver blades and all aluminum (“noncombustible”) material meets the requirements of California building code 706A.2 vents to resist the intrusion of burning embers and flame through ventilation openings
- 5-year warranty
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.