Keepa Attic Vent | 10″ Diameter KV-10
- Image Gallery
- Installation Guides
- Florida Approval
- UL Certificate
- Texas Approval
- Drawings & Specs
- Pallet Quantity
- Shipping Dimensions
Keepa Roof Vent - Installation Instructions
|Product Link||Installation Instructions - pdf|
Link to TDI Approval Document, from their web site
Basic dimensions of the Pop Vent and it’s identifying attributes. Primary identifying dimensions of vents and fans are the inside diameter of the Head, which equals the diameter of the hole being vented, and the height of the Collar which is the solid tube between the Head of the vent and the Flange which attaches to the roof.
Louvers are the vertical openings in the vent, which facilitates the flow of air, while keeping animals, insects, debris, and embers out.
How much clearance (vent height) your roof vent needs depends on the pitch of your roof and the climate zone you live in. If you have a 4/12 roof pitch or greater, you can have a low profile vent (1” 2” tall collar) in all climate zones. At a 3/12 roof pitch you can have a 1” or 2” tall collar in zones 1, 2, 3. Having a 3/12 roof pitch in zones 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 you will need a 4” tall collar. For roof pitches 2/12 or less you will need a 4” tall collar in zones 1 & 2. You will need a 6 inch tall collar for zones 3, 4 and an 8” tall collar for zones 5 and 6. You will need an 11″ or 12” tall collar for zones 7 and 8. Bear in mind, you can always use taller collars for additional clearance in warmer zones, but you can’t use shorter collars in colder zones when dealing with low slope roofs. Custom collar heights are also available.
Active Ventilation Products Keepa vent will alleviate moisture in the winter and heat in the summer to extend the life of the roof and building structure. The Keepa vent is best used for flat roof attic spaces as an exhaust roof vent or fresh air supply intake roof vent. Made of corrosion resistant aluminum, the Keepa vent has a round concentric vent cap and standard 11 in. collar height, square flange and an inner louver wildlife guard. The vent cap is a manufactured one piece spun round aluminum cap that prevents rain and snow from entering the vent. The vent cap is removable to allow access for an easy rubber boot installation for membrane roofs. The 11 in. standard collar is excellent for locations that accumulate high levels of snow falls and the round design is aerodynamic to with stand wind speeds up to 200 mph. The Keepa vent has proven to be an excellent and economical choice for a flat roof application.
- Best used for flat roof attic ventilation No more than 2/12 pitch is recommended
- Model KV-10 has aluminum 16 in. x 16 in. flat square flange
- 3 in. flashing
- Net free air space: 78 sq in. (0.55 sq. ft.)
- Pitch capacity range: 0/12 to 12/12
- Ventilation rule 1:300: One vent per 327 sq. ft.
- Built-in inner vertical louver cylinder that keeps out insects, birds, and animals while allowing air to move through the vent without resistance
- Built-in inner vertical louver cylinder has a 1/8th in. opening between the louver blades and all aluminum (“noncombustible”) material meets the requirements of California building code 706A.2 vents to resist the intrusion of burning embers and flame through ventilation openings
- 5-year warranty