PV-12-C01 | Pop Vent Exhaust 12″ Diameter 1″ Collar
- Image Gallery
- Florida Approval
- Drawings & Specs
- Installation Guide
- UL Certificate
Basic dimensions of the Pop Vent and it’s identifying attributes. Primary identifying dimensions of vents and fans are the inside diameter of the Head, which equals the diameter of the hole being vented, and the height of the Collar which is the solid tube between the Head of the vent and the Flange which attaches to the roof.
Louvers are the vertical openings in the vent, which facilitates the flow of air, while keeping animals, insects, debris, and embers out.
Expected snow and rain in your region and the pitch of the roof are the key consideration when choosing the height of the collar of your roof vents. Zones 1 and 2 are not expected to sustain significant snow packs, while zones 3-7 are likely to experience snow, possibly for weeks or months. Vent collars under 4 inches are inappropriate for flat (0/12 pitch) roofs because even heavy rain can splash water into a shorter vent.
Active Ventilation Products roof louver product line, the Pop Vent, is excellent for venting attic spaces on shingled sloped roofs. Pop Vent Model PV-12-C1-WD is a 12 in. Dia roof vent with a 1 in. collar height and an 18 in. x 18 in. sq. flange. It is powder coated with an electrostatic charge in weatherwood semi-gloss finish. The powder coating finish adheres extremely well and is more difficult to remove than wet paint which adds to the vents durability and long lasting clean appearance. Model PV-12-C1-WD will alleviate moisture in the winter and heat in the summer to extend the life of the roof and building structure. The Pop Vent roof louver product line has a manufactured one piece spun aluminum cap that is leak proof and corrosion resistant. It’s designed for superior exhausting performance. Its round covered vent cap has a lower louver section. This lower louver allows hot air to escape freely and efficiently, never trapping it up in the vent cap. The Pop Vent roof louver models have additional vertical louvers in its inner cylinder to keep out birds, insects and animals that can clog the vent. The inner vertical louver allows air to exhaust without resistance. Its round aerodynamic design can with stand harsh weather and wind forces up to 200 MPH. The Pop Vent roof louver product line has proven to be the recommended choice for exhausting attic spaces.
- Excellent choice to removing radiant heat from attic spaces
- Helps to keep insulation dry in the winter
- Weatherwood powder coating finish is significantly greater at resisting scratching, chipping and oxidation
- Ventilation rule 1:300, application per sq. ft.: 450
- Net free air space: 113 sq. in.
- Pitch capacity range: 3/12 to 12/12
- 1 in. clearance between bottom of vent cap and flange
- Inner cylinder louver design does not allow accumulation of particle build up as found in using an insect screen
- Built-in inner vertical louver cylinder has a 1/8th in. opening between the louver blades and all aluminum (“noncombustible”) material meets the requirements of California building code 706A.2 vents to resist the intrusion of burning embers and flame through ventilation openings
- Helps to reduce energy costs