Aura Solar Attic Fan | CFM: 740 12″ Diameter 2″ Tall Collar ASF-12-C02
Basic dimensions of the Aura Solar Fan and it’s identifying attributes. Primary identifying dimensions of vents and fans are the inside diameter of the Head, which equals the diameter of the hole being vented, and the height of the Collar which is the solid tube between the Head of the vent and the Flange which attaches to the roof.
Louvers are the vertical openings in the vent, which facilitates the flow of air, while keeping animals, insects, debris, and embers out. The combination of inner and outer Louvers on our patented “Aura” series of vents and fans are shaped to create a positive vacuum effect which draws air out of the vent, utilizing a physical principle known as the Venturi effect.
Expected snow and rain in your region and the pitch of the roof are the key consideration when choosing the height of the collar of your roof vents. Zones 1 and 2 are not expected to sustain significant snow packs, while zones 3-7 are likely to experience snow, possibly for weeks or months. Vent collars under 4 inches are inappropriate for flat (0/12 pitch) roofs because even heavy rain can splash water into a shorter vent.
Shipping Dimensions for ASF-12-C02
|Actual Package Weight||15 lbs|
|Dimensions||18 × 18 × 12 in|
|UPS Dimensional (Billable) Weight||28 lbs|
Active Ventilation Products
Click here for -> Shipping / Delivery - Policies and Procedures
Installation Guides Under Development. Coming Soon.
Active Ventilation Products Aura Solar Attic Fan exhausts air continuously by using solar and wind power for optimum ventilation performance. Model ASF-12-C2 has a 10-Watt solar panel providing energy to 4 EC fans on sunny days to increase the CFM (cubic feet per minute) of air flow performance to 740 CFM. It is an excellent choice to exhaust attic heat in the summer to reduce hot attic temperatures. It will also exhaust moisture in the winter to keep the attic dry and cool, preserving attic insulation and preventing ice dams. The Aura Solar Attic Fan will produce 310 CFM at 11 mph without the solar powered fans through its patented engineered design with no moving parts. The attic fan is made of durable rust free aluminum and has 5 manufactured components: the vent head, 4 – EC fans, 1 – solar panel, vent collar and square flange. It has a 12 in. Dia throat opening with a 2 in. collar height and a 18 in. x 18 in. square flange. The vent head has 3 concentric cylinders with slotted vertical louvers. When air moves against the louvers of the outer and middle cylinders it is directed to create a circular airflow. The louvers of the inner cylinder face in the same direction as the air movement created by the outside cylinder. This air movement creates a Venturi effect which produces a vacuum or negative pressure to pull air from within the attic space.
- No wiring or batteries required operates on solar energy
- Does not require electricity to exhaust air from attics spaces
- Solar panel operates at 12-Volt
- Solar panel is manufactured tempered glass; rugged design to withstand high wind pressure, hail and snow load; providing exceptional panel rigidity
- Quiet fan operation; designed to run up to 40,000 life hours per fan
- Inner vertical louvers will keep insects, birds and squirrels from entering the vent allowing optimal air flow and no maintenance
- Round aerodynamic design can with stand harsh weather and wind forces of up to 200 MPH
- Vent head has a flat 1-piece spun cap that prevents rain and snow from entering
- Pitch capacity range: 3/12 to 12/12
- Net free air: 113 sq. in. (0.78 sq. ft.)
- Ventilation rule 1:300: 1 unit per 450 sq. ft. of attic space (maximum up to 750 sq. ft.)
- Mill finish aluminum will continually have a long lasting clean appearance
- Compact design
- Removable vent head for easy access
- Exhausts air continuously even after the sun sets or on cloudy days
- Works 24/7, helps to reduce energy costs
- 740 CFM at 0.1 SP
- 5-years warranty