Aura Retrofit Gravity Vent | 14″ Diameter AV-14-RF
Aura Roof Vent - Retrofit Installation Instructions
|Product Link||Installation Instructions - pdf|
Aura Vent Retrofit - Technical Drawing Downloads
|Product Link||Drawing- Unmarked||Drawing- Measurements||Drawing- Cutaway
Basic dimensions of the Aura Vent PVC Cap and it’s identifying attributes. Primary identifying dimensions of the PVC vent caps and fans are the diameter of the common name of the PVC Pipe it attaches to.
Louvers are the vertical openings in the vent, which facilitates the flow of air, while keeping animals, insects, debris, and embers out. The combination of inner and outer Louvers on our signature “Aura” series of vents and fans are shaped to create a positive vacuum effect which draws air out of the vent, utilizing a physical principle known as the Venturi effect.
Active Ventilation Products Aura Ventilator Retrofit product line is designed to fit over a turbine ventilator roof base. It has a flared adapter that easily fits over an existing roof mounted metal base. The Aura Ventilator Retrofit has a patented engineered design to create CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute) of air flow with no moving parts. Model AV-14-RF has a 14 in. Dia throat opening and will produce 360 CFM at 11 mph with no moving parts. It is an excellent choice to exhaust attic heat in the summer and moisture in the winter. The Aura Ventilator Retrofit product line is made of durable rust free aluminum and has 2 manufactured components: The vent head and adapter. The vent head’s patented design has three concentric cylinders with slotted vertical louvers. When air moves against the louvers of the outer and middle cylinders it is directed to create a circular airflow while spinning against the inner louver section. This air movement creates a Venturi effect which produces a vacuum or negative pressure to pull air from within the attic space. The vent has a flat one piece spun cap that prevents rain and snow from entering the vent verses the turbine vent which is open to the sky and allows rain water to enter in no wind conditions.
- Easy to install
- Noiseless, does not require electricity to exhaust air from attics spaces
- Leveling is not required; the aura ventilator retrofit can be installed parallel to the roof
- Built-in inner vertical louvers has an 1/8 in. opening between the louvers to keep out insects, birds and squirrels from entering the vent while allowing optimal air flow and no maintenance
- Will reduce attic temperatures in the summer and will keep the attic dry and cool in the winter to preserve attic insulation and prevent ice dams
- Round aerodynamic design can with stand harsh weather and wind forces of up to 200 mph
- Mill finish aluminum color that will continually have a long lasting clean appearance
- Net free air space: 144 sq. in. (1.00 sq. ft.)
- Ventilation rule 1:300: 1 vent per 600 sq. ft. of attic space
- Helps to reduce energy costs
- 5 year warranty