The Aura Ventilator's patented fixed louver design dynamically lowers attic temperatures in the summer and removes moisture from the attic in the winter.
- The Aura Ventilator’s superior design surpasses other attic vents, turbine vents, static vents, gravity ventilators, roof vents and other round gravity roof ventilators for attic ventilation and roof ventilation. Like the turbine ventilator, the Aura Ventilator has accelerated ventilation from wind even though it has no moving parts. Additionally, during times when wind is not present, this roof vent will still provide attic ventilation because of the stack effect allowing hot air to escape through the roof.
The Aura Ventilator has been wind pressure tested to the equivalence of wind speeds reaching 200mph to the standards of Texas Insurance.
- This roof vent also, with its louver design, prevents any wind driven rain or snow from entering the attic. The Aura Vent is a gravity ventilator whose louvers additionally prevent insects, birds or rodents from entering and can act as an ember arrestor in the event of a forest fire. For information on California firecode, click here
- The third cylinder of louvers, the inner most one, prevents contaminants from entering the attic. This louver design is better than insect screen. Other roof vents that have insect screen will have air flow reduced by 50% - 60% and the net free air inches of the roof vents are diminished with insect screen as well. A vent’s net free air inches with louvers are protected because the opening of the louvers is equal to or exceeds the throat opening of the roof vent.
Aura Ventilators have no moving parts, are low profile, do not make noise, cannot freeze up and allow weather infiltration like many turbine vent designs do over time.
- The Aura Ventilator is maintenance free, and does not need to be removed from the roof like a turbine vent does for wind storms. The Aura Ventilator can be installed on any type of roof and can handle any pitch and does not need an adjustable base.
The Aura Ventilator is made of heavy gauge aluminum and is available in 4” inch diameter through 48” inch diameter openings.
- Collar heights, also known as stacks (the space between the roof flange and head of the vent) ranging from 1” to 24” high can be added to meet the strictest height requirements.
The Aura Ventilator can be installed on any type of roofing system (EPDM, TPO, PVC, Asphalt Shingle, Cedar Shake, Metal and Built Up, etc.)
- This roof vent can even be retro fitted onto an existing turbine vent base or vent pipe. Roof curbs and curb mount flanges are available with all roof vents. Click to view ourr roof curbs and curb mount flanges.
The Aura Ventilator is installed for roof ventilation and attic ventilation purposes for both residential and commercial buildings.
- Unlike turbine vents, the Aura Ventilator has three cylinders of slotted louvers. The first one is located on the outside perimeter; the second one is on the inside against the outer cylinder. When air moves against the louvers of the outer cylinder it is directed to create a circular airflow. The louvers of the inner cylinder face in the same direction as the air movement created by the outside cylinder. This air movement creates a “Venturi Effect” producing a vacuum or negative pressure, which exhausts the air from the attic to produce attic ventilation and roof ventilation.
All homes and buildings must breathe through roof ventilators in order to be healthy for their occupants. Attic Ventilation and roof ventilation make a residential home, manufactured home, modular building or commercial building energy efficient. We find that gravity roof ventilators are a key green building component for creating an environmentally green home or building.
The Aura Ventilator does not need an adjustable base. It can be installed parallel to the roof for a lower profile.