Listed below are the Engineering Benefits of the Aura Gravity Ventilator’s Multi Louver Design.
- Louvers Ventilate better than insect screen
- Louvers prevent insects from entering the vent
- The inner most row of louvers have a 1/8th inch opening which provides vigorous air movement and eliminates back pressure.
- Wind driven rain and snow will not get passed the three rows of metal louvers.
- Animals cannot and will not break through these metal vents louvers.
- Animals are breaking through plastic roof vents.
How the Aura Gravity Ventilator works (in greater detail).
As you know by now the Aura Gravity Ventilator uses wind to help exhaust out hot attic air with no moving parts. Here is a deeper explanation on how this gravity ventilator accomplishes this function. To start, when wind enters the outer row of louvers, the angle of the louvers causes the wind to spin around the circumference of the gravity vent. Spinning air or vortex creates suction towards the center of the vent (throat). This suction creates the necessary vacuum to extract out the hot and moisture attic air within. This function is demonstrated by the cartoon animation on the top right hand side of this page. Air flow ratings were documented by Georgia Tech.